Department of Sanitation311Search all websites
DSNY - Contact - Private Receptacle Complaint

Private Receptacle Complaint

For NYC Residents Only
Use this form to submit your request OR call the NYC Citizen Service Center at 3-1-1. Online requests may not be reviewed until the next business day. Call 311 for urgent situations. (Javascript must be enabled in order to submit a valid request)

To report buildings, that have broken, overflowing, uncovered or inadequate receptacles.

*Denotes required field
What is the address of the violator?

Specific information
Contact information
I would like to remain anonymous
My contact information is as follows:

Submission confirmation
Building #
Street Name
Additional Info
Name of Violator
First Name
Last Name