On Saturday, April 25, 2015, NYC Parks and the Walt Disney Company will host the 8th Annual Street Games at Thomas Jefferson Park in Harlem! Street Games re-introduces classic, low-tech games played in the city to a new generation of kids. The event is open to all ages and abilities. The games will include stickball, pogo sticks, hula hoops, double-dutch, hopscotch, and so much more!
Street Games is also more than just games! Local radio stations will be spinning music all day and there will be live music and entertainment, including several performances by the Dance Theater of Harlem.
- Make your first stop the NYC Parks booth to pick up a Street Games Passport! Complete 7 out of 10 of the activities on the passport to redeem a prize.
- Waiting lines for the activities are subject to close early.
- The event ends promptly at 3:00 p.m. so come early to experience all the fun!
- Bring your own helmet for the soap box derby, learn to ride a bike, skateboarding and roller blade venues.
- Vendors will be on site selling food and drinks.
- Participants must sign a waiver to participate in some activities. The waivers will be provided at the event. Participants under the age of 18 must have a legal guardian present with photo identification to sign the waiver.
- The event closes 114th Street from 1st Avenue to Pleasant Avenue and Pleasant Avenue from 114th Street to 116th Street. Cars will be towed beginning at 5:00 a.m. Saturday, April 25.
For more information about this event, please call (212) 360-1319.
In the event of heavy rain or extreme weather, Street Games may be cancelled. The decision to cancel the event will be made by 2:00 p.m. on Friday, April 24, 2015 and will be prominently posted on NYC Parks' website and social media pages.