How do I make changes to a birth certificate for a child under 1 year old?

If your child is less than 1 year old, the fastest way to process your correction is to contact the hospital where your child was born. Corrections submitted directly through the hospital are usually processed more quickly and are free of charge.

You'll need a completed application (PDF) and your child’s original birth certificate.