The Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) offers instructor-led and online classes, videos, and podcasts to help residential property owners understand City rules, maintain and improve their properties, and create and maintain safe conditions for their families and tenants.
- Overview of Residential Property Management and the roles of NYC agencies, including HPD, Department of Finance (DOF), Department of Buildings (DOB), Department of Environmental Protection (DEP), and Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (DOHMH)
- Loans for repair and energy upgrades
- Grants for lead paint condition abatement
- Managing roach, rodent, and bedbug infestations
- Compliance with City Codes, rules and regulations around housing conditions
- Resolving Code violations
HPD also sponsors evening Tenant and Landlord Resource Fairs around the City.