The City provides information on a variety of public health insurance programs and services, including:
- Medicaid: Provides free health insurance coverage to adults ages 19 and over through managed care or fee-for-service providers.
- Children's Medicaid and Child Health Plus: Provides free or low cost health insurance for children 19 and under.
- Family Health Plus: Provides free health insurance coverage for adults ages 19 through 64 who do not have health insurance coverage on their own or through an employer. Participants get medical services from managed care providers.
- Medicaid Excess Income Program: Provides Medicaid coverage for people whose income exceeds the allowable Medicaid level and who meet all other Medicaid eligibility requirements.
- Medicaid Buy-In Program for Working People with Disabilities: Provides Medicaid coverage for working people with disabilities, even if their income exceeds the allowable Medicaid level.
- Family Planning Benefit Program: Provides Medicaid coverage for family planning services. The program is confidential and assists males and females of any age.
- Prenatal Care Assistance Program: Provides comprehensive prenatal care for women and teens who meet income guidelines.
- Medicare: Provides health care assistance for people age 65 and over and for the disabled.
- Medicare Savings Program: Provides assistance with Medicare premiums, and sometimes co-payments and deductibles, for people who have Medicare.
The Health Insurance Information Counseling and Assistance Program (HIICAP) offers free counseling about Medicare to seniors and people with disabilities.