The City provides information on a variety of public health insurance programs and services, including:
- Medicaid: Provides free health insurance coverage to adults ages 19 and over through managed care or fee-for-service providers.
- Medicaid and Child Health Plus: Provides free or low-cost health insurance for children 19 and under.
- Medicaid Excess Income Program: Provides Medicaid coverage for people whose income exceeds the allowable Medicaid level and who meet all other Medicaid eligibility requirements.
- Medicaid Buy-In Program for Working People with Disabilities: Provides Medicaid coverage for working people with disabilities, even if their income exceeds the allowable Medicaid level.
- Family Planning Benefit Program: Provides Medicaid coverage for family planning services. The program is confidential and assists males and females of any age.
- Medicaid for Pregnant Women: Provides comprehensive prenatal care for women and teens who meet income guidelines.
- Medicare: Provides health care assistance for people age 65 and over and for the disabled.
- Medicare Savings Program: Provides assistance with Medicare premiums, and sometimes co-payments and deductibles, for people who have Medicare.
- Premium Tax Credits and Cost-Sharing Reductions: Financial assistance to lower the cost of private insurance available to eligible individuals who buy health insurance through NY State of Health, the Official Health Plan Marketplace created under the Affordable Care Act.
- Healthy NY for small businesses: a state-subsidized health insurance program for eligible small businesses.
The Health Insurance Information Counseling and Assistance Program (HIICAP) offers free counseling about Medicare to seniors and people with disabilities.