The City helps people access legal assistance and referrals.
Lawyer referrals and legal advice are available through the New York City Bar Association and Law Help NY.
Cases handled include:
- Accidents and medical malpractice
- Criminal defense
- Employment discrimination and wage disputes
- Marriage and family-related cases
- Property, landlord, and tenant issues
- Workers' compensation and work-related injuries
Additional assistance and referrals are available to the following groups:
- Seniors age 60 and older
- City employees with questions about conflict of interest law
- Foreign diplomats, consular officers, UN staff members, and City agencies who may have complaints or problems related to the international community