The Federal government provides all information and assistance for Social Security, including the following:
- Applying for Social Security, Disability or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits
- Get information about the rules that govern Social Security eligibility and continuance
- Apply for, replace, or modify information on a Social Security card
- Get a new Social Security number.
- Enroll in Direct Deposit
- Report a missing or late check
- Discuss an overpayment or underpayment
- Report the death of a Social Security recipient
- Request an appointment at a local office
If you suspect that someone is receiving social security benefits to which they are not entitled, you may report the suspected fraud to the Social Security Administration.