Heat or Hot Water Complaint

Between October 1 and May 31, you can make a complaint about a residential building that does not have enough heat or hot water. Between June 1 and September 30, you can make a complaint about a building that has the heat on. When reporting a heat or hot water problem in an apartment, you must provide your contact information.

You can also make heat complaints about commercial or non-residential buildings. Non-residential buildings include:

  • Senior centers
  • Drug rehab treatment facilities
  • Private schools
  • Day care centers
  • Government buildings

Before filing a heat or hot water complaint, you should try to resolve the issue with your landlord, managing agent, or superintendent.