The New York State Disaster Case Management program, operated by Catholic Charities, works one-on-one with those affected by Hurricane Sandy to:
• answer questions about recovery;
• develop a plan to address needs;
• connect customers with appropriate community resources;
• determine financial assistance that may be available; and
• advocate with service and benefit providers on the customer's behalf
Assistance is available even for those who were not eligible for FEMA assistance, or those who applied for FEMA assistance and were denied.