The NYC Web Development Fellowship equips eligible New Yorkers with the skills necessary to launch careers in web development, and is part of the City’s Tech Talent Pipeline initiative.
If you receive a fellowship, you can take a 22-week intensive training course at the Flatiron School at no-cost. This program normally costs $15,000.
To apply, you must go through a competitive screening process. Only 32 students will be selected per class. Admissions are on a rolling basis.
In order to be eligible, you must:
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Live in New York City
• Have never been employed (full-time or part-time) as a web developer
• Currently earn less than $50,000 a year (or be unemployed)
• Meet all federal selective service requirements, if applicable
• Be authorized to work in the United States