The City provides information about product recalls.
Information is also available about the health risks caused by lead or mercury in:
- Herbal medicine imported from China or India
- Candy flavored by chili powder
- Inks used in some Mexican candy wrappers
- Tamarind candy sold in clay pots
- Litargirio, a yellow or peach colored powder from the Dominican Republic
- Imported cosmetics such as kohl, kajal, or surma
The City accepts reports about the sale of unsafe products such as those listed above, as well as unsafe medical devices, cosmetics, and other products.