Property Lot Size Change Request

The City provides information on how to combine or divide lots and accepts applications for mergers or apportionments. Builders, developers, architects, engineers, and property owners may request permission from both the Department of Finance and the Department of Buildings to combine two or more pieces of land into one large piece, known as a merger, or divide one piece of land into two or more pieces, known as an apportionment.

A variety of tax and zoning regulations determine if the request will be approved or denied.