The City accepts complaints about its public schools or public school staff members, including complaints about:
- Classroom learning, tutoring, or specific educational programs
- Food quality, quantity, or cost
- Harassment or fights
- Health instruction, medical care, or unhealthy conditions
- How a discipline or suspension was handled
- Necessary repairs or maintenance
- No Child Left Behind transfers, tutoring, or application process
- Parent Association or a specific member
- School enrollment
- Transfer process or procedures
Report a school maintenance issue.
Call 311 to make a complaint about a New York City public school or staff member.
Call 311 for the parents of students with disabilities hotline.