Taxi Driver License

You can get information and apply for or renew a taxi driver license. To drive a yellow taxi in the City, you must have a taxi operator's license. If you are applying for the first time, you must also have a chauffeur license or New York State class A, B, C, or E license issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles, or an equivalent from Connecticut, Pennsylvania, or New Jersey.