Used Goods Dealer Complaint

You can make a complaint about businesses that buy or sell used items other than books and pianos.

Receipts for used items must state that items are secondhand.

If you provide an email address with your Service Request, you will receive a notification by email. You may also get a complaint form by email, which you must complete and return. Be sure to check your email account's spam folder in addition to your inbox to make sure that you don't miss this form in case it is sent to you by email.

You can also make a complaint about 2nd Time Around, which is a consignment business that is closing stores in New York City.

If you consigned property to 2nd Time Around at 53 East Houston Street, the NYC Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) can help you get your items back. To retrieve consignments at other 2nd Time Around locations in NYC, contact the store directly as soon as possible.