Qualifying new food retail business may be eligible for a new, streamlined program that schedules an coordinates most plan review appointments and required inspections. This program makes it possible for new business owners to open their doors more quickly.
Businesses such as:
• restaurants or catering halls
• bars/drinking establishments
• delis, grocery stores or supermarkets
• nightclubs serving food
• coffee shops, cafes, or bakeries
• butcher shops
• juice bars
may qualify for assistance under this program.
Plan reviews and inspections include those conducted by New York City agencies such as the:
• Fire Department
• Department of Buildings
• Department of Environmental Protection
• Department of Health and Mental Hygiene