New York City School Tax Credit

The City's New York City School Tax Credit is for New York City residents or part-year residents who cannot be claimed as a dependent on another taxpayer's federal income tax return. The amount of the credit varies. This credit must be claimed directly on your New York State personal income tax return. Taxpayers who are not required to file a New York State income tax return must file Form NYC-210 to get the credit.