Police Officer Misconduct or Corruption

You can make a complaint to the NYC Civilian Complaint Review Board (CCRB) if you think you've experienced or witnessed police misconduct, including:

  • Excessive or unnecessary force
  • Discourtesy
  • Offensive language
  • Abuse of authority, such as an improper stop and frisk or vehicle search

The CCRB is independent and not a part of the New York City Police Department.

If you suspect a police officer or a civilian member of the NYPD of corruption or other criminal activity, you should call 911 and you will be transferred to the police department's Internal Affairs Bureau (IAB).