If you are interested in registering with the City as a temporary snow laborer during major snow events, you must be:
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Able to perform heavy physical labor
Pay is $12 per hour. The pay will increase to $18 per hour after working 40 hours a week. Payment is made by check and normally takes about 4 to 6 weeks, but can take up to 12 weeks.
To register, bring the following items to any Sanitation Garage from Monday through Saturday, 7 AM to 3 PM (except on City holidays):
- Two small photos (1.5 inch square). The photos must be the same style as those used for a passport.
- Social security card and a photocopy of the card.
- Two original documents that prove identity and employment eligibility. Photocopies of the documents must also be provided. Examples include: a driver's license, a passport, or a school photo ID.