You can register with the City as a temporary snow laborer during major snow events at any Sanitation Garage from Monday through Saturday, 7 AM to 3 PM (except on City holidays).
In order to register, you must be:
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Able to perform heavy physical labor
You must bring with you:
- Two small photos (1.5 inch square). The photos must be the same style as those used for a passport.
- Social security card and a photocopy of the card.
- Two original documents that prove identity and employment eligibility. You must also provide photocopies of the documents. Examples include:
- Driver's license
- School photo ID
Pay is $12 per hour and increases to $18 per hour after working 40 hours a week. Payment is made by check and normally takes about 4 to 6 weeks, but can take up to 12 weeks.