Military personnel can electronically request and receive verifications for New York City birth certificates.
To request verifications:
- Send an email to the Department of Health at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include the registrant's name, date of birth, mother's first and maiden name, and father's first and last name
- Enter "Military Verification" in the subject line
- Submit the request from an official military email address
- Attach entitlement documentation such as proof of application, induction, or enlistment documents
You will receive verification within 3 business days. You can email any questions to email@example.com.