As of January 1, 2014, military personnel can electronically request and receive verifications for New York City birth certificates.
To request verifications:
• Send an email to the Department of Health at email@example.com
• Include the registrant's name, date of birth, mother's first and maiden name, and father's first and last name
• Enter Military Verification in the subject line
• Submit the request from an official military email address
• Attach entitlement documentation such as proof of application, induction, or enlistment documents
Verification will be sent within 3 business days. You can email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .