The City's Water Debt Assistance Program can help homeowners who are at risk of foreclosure. You may prevent the sale of your water and sewer debt in the upcoming 2015 Lien Sale if you meet all of the following requirements:
- You own and live in your home.
- Your property is on the 90-Day Lien Sale Listing.
- You are currently late paying your mortgage.
- You are not currently in bankruptcy.
- Your home is classified as:
- B0-B9: Two Family Residence
- C0: Three Family Residence
- S0: One Family over Two Stores
- S1: One Family over One Store
- S2: Two Family over One Store
- You get water and utility bills in your name at your home address and have a valid New York State ID.
- All water and sewer charges were issued after you purchased the property.
To determine your eligibility, you must complete a Water Debt Assistance Customer Participation Form and file it with the City's Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) before May 14, 2015.
Eligibility for this program can only be determined by DEP.