Safe and Sick Leave Complaint

You can file a complaint against an employer who:

  • Does not give you safe and sick leave, whether paid or unpaid, if you are covered by the law.
  • Does not give you the legally required notice of your right to safe and sick leave.
  • Punishes you for using safe and sick leave.

The Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) will mail you a complaint form to complete and return to DCA at:

Department of Consumer Affairs
Office of Labor Policy and Standards
42 Broadway, 9th floor
New York, NY 10004

You can also download the complaint form online at to submit to DCA.

DCA will conduct an investigation and try to resolve your complaint. DCA will keep your identity confidential unless disclosure is necessary to conduct the investigation, resolve the complaint, or is required by law.