Sick Leave Complaint

You can file a complaint against an employer who:
  • Does not give you sick leave, whether paid or unpaid, if you are covered by the law.
  • Does not give you the legally required notice of your right to sick leave.
  • Punishes you for using sick leave.
The Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) will mail you a complaint form to complete and return to DCA at:
Department of Consumer Affairs
42 Broadway New York, NY 10004

DCA will conduct an investigation and try to mediate your complaint. DCA will keep your identity confidential unless disclosure is necessary to conduct the investigation, mediate the complaint, or is required by law.