The City has launched the NYC Craft Entrepreneurship Program, designed to help crafters sell their products and earn more money.
The training will be held in all five boroughs. Each class is made up of five class sessions, covering subjects such as:
- Becoming an entrepreneur
- Branding and marketing
- Product photography
- Day-to-day business strategy
- Planning for growth
In order to be eligible, applicants must:
- Have at least one handmade craft item ready to sell
- Commit to attending four weeknight classes and one Saturday class (about 12 hours total)
- Reside in New York City
- Have never made any sales on Etsy.com
- Have a credit card and checking account (necessary for sales transactions)
- Have regular access to a computer with an Internet connection
The NYC Craft Entrepreneurship Program is provided by the NYC Department of Small Business Services in partnership with Etsy, and funded by Citi Community Development.