Waterfront Dumping Complaint

To improve the identification and tracking of waterfront conditions in the City, you can report illegal waterfront dumping.  

Email complaints about illegal waterfront dumping to planyc@cityhall.nyc.gov.

In your email, please include the following information:
• Your first and last name
• Your phone number
• Your email address
• Location of illegal dumping site (address or cross streets)
• Detailed description of the illegal dumping activity

To report illegal dumping in a harbor, call the United States Coast Guard Vessel Traffic Service for New York at (718) 354-4353.

To report any oil or chemical pollution incident, call the United States Coast Guard's National Response Center at (800) 424-8802.