If your business received a violation from the Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA), you can speak with DCA’s business compliance counsel, who can help you with basic compliance and legal questions, including:
- Violations on a Notice of Hearing
- DCA’s Adjudication Tribunal including rules, procedures and information about settlements
- Laws and rules enforced by DCA
- Preparing for a DCA inspection
The business compliance counsel will refer requests for a legal interpretation to the Legal Division.
The business compliance counsel will not:
- Answer legal questions on the day of your scheduled hearing. If you call the helpline on the day of your hearing, the business compliance counsel will refer you either to the Adjudication Tribunal or Legal Division.
- Provide legal advice
- Recommend any course of action
- Give a legal opinion about DCA’s legal interpretations