The NYCHA Food Business Pathways Program (FBP) is a free business training program that helps NYCHA and NYCHA Section 8 residents start and grow food businesses in New York City.
Residents who are accepted into the program receive:
- A free 8-week intensive business course tailored specifically to meet the needs of NYCHApreneurs (NYCHA Entrepreneurs)
- Free licenses and permits
- Group and one-on-one business coaching designed to move a business forward
- An opportunity to compete for the chance to receive one of five free incubator spaces for 5 months, as they work to use their education. All participants will receive assistance to secure alternative space in which to operate their food businesses.
Minimum Basic Requirements:
- Be a NYCHA or NYCHA Section 8 resident, 18 years of age or older
- Attend all 14 program sessions from 6 PM to 8 PM over a 10-week period
- Have a passion for the food business