1. Bond with your child. Children need to know they are loved.
Take time to connect, listen, talk, laugh, and have fun together.
2. Parenting is tough. You don’t have to go through it alone.
Reach out to those close to you. Call 311 and ask for parenting support.
3. Education is power. Get involved at your child’s school and support
a love for learning. Schools offer a variety of programs including
continuing education for parents, leadership opportunities, and many
offer health and family services.
4. Learning starts early. Sign up for high quality child care and early
education programs that prepare your child for a successful future.
5. NYC kids are our kids. It takes an entire city to help raise healthy,
hopeful kids. Lend a hand as a volunteer, tutor, mentor, or coach.
6. If you see something, say something. All children deserve to live
a safe, happy life free from abuse. Call 311 to make a report.
7. Protect your child. Be careful who takes care of your child.
Learn how to keep your home safe from lead and other household dangers.
8. Develop healthy habits. Healthy eating and staying active builds
strong bodies, reduces stress, and prevents chronic illness.
9. Your baby should always sleep safe. Every Nap. Every Night.
Sleeping with your baby is just not worth the risk.
10. Find the help you need to make ends meet. Job loss,
health issues, and other pressures take a toll.