About the ACS Workforce Institute
Through partnership with the City University of New York (CUNY) School of Professional Studies (SPS), the ACS Workforce Institute offers professional learning initiatives that move training beyond the classroom to enhance skill development for new and seasoned ACS and provider agency staff.
Programs incorporate cutting-edge learning methods, supported by evidence-based models, and simulation to strengthen core competencies for staff.
- Read more about the ACS and CUNY SPS partnership to create the ACS Workforce Institute for children, youth and family services staff.
ACS Workforce Institute Vision - Our Impact - Benefits to Frontline Staff - Workforce Institute Leadership
ACS Workforce Institute Vision
The ACS Workforce Institute will offer frontline staff across the child and family services sector in New York City the learning, coaching, and support necessary to:
- Perform their roles to the highest standards,
- Provide high quality services to the children and families in our care, and
- Manage stress and other challenges related to vicarious trauma.
Through varied and diverse collaborations, the ACS Workforce Institute draws upon the expertise of universities and other partners to strengthen frontline supervision and coaching practices and implement effective learning strategies, methods, and technologies.
The ACS Workforce Institute facilitates continuous professional growth and development of staff to support child and family well-being, safety, and permanency.
Benefits to Frontline Staff
- Skill-based coaching as part of supervision.
- A supportive culture that addresses vicarious trauma.
- Varied and diverse professional learning experiences.
- Cutting-edge simulation that supports the transfer of learning into everyday practice.
- Scholarship opportunities for ACS staff pursuing advanced education.
- Opportunities to obtain Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
- Increased job satisfaction and employee retention.
Workforce Institute Leadership
Administration for Children's Services
CUNY School of Professional Studies
Division of Policy, Planning &
Training & Workforce Innovation
ACS James Satterwhite Academy
Brian A. Peterson
Student and Community Affairs
Professional Education and Workplace
ACS Program Director
Return to ACS Workforce Institute Main Page