Work at ACS
ACS is a diverse organization with multiple opportunities to grow while we serve children and families in New York City.
We are looking for motivated and career-driven talent who strive to make a difference.
Areas of work at ACS include but are not limited to:
- Child Protective
- Child Welfare
- Early Care and Education
- Foster Care
- Community Relations and Educational Outreach
- Juvenile Justice
Why Work at ACS?
Working in child welfare, juvenile justice, early care and education is rewarding and challenging. Whether you are on the frontline or supporting those who work directly with children, youth and families, you will play a part in helping to strengthen families and meeting the needs of children to help them become successful adults.
ACS’ benefits package includes:
ACS seeks to maintain a diverse workforce made up of individuals with a wide range of characteristics and experiences.
Diversity in race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, ability, and sexual orientation, are key components in recruiting staff to effectively serve the needs of our children, youth and families.
NYC Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity page
Apply for ACS job opportunities.
To view Citywide job opportunities go to NYC Careers
Apply for Civil Service Exams:
AmeriCorps VISTA Opportunities
Transfer Form CS300 & Instructions
FMLA Request for Leave
Workers Compensation Claim Package
To submit a request for employment verification of any current or past ACS employee, contact ACS.
Attach all valid authorization signed by employee to release requested information.
Please use the Verification Request Form, if applicable.
Employee Self Service
- Instant access to your HR, Payroll, Tax, and Health Plan and other Benefits data.
- Request an employment verification letter or apply for jobs.
- Employee portal for City employees
Office of Payroll Administration
- NYC employee and retiree payroll services
- New York City Employees' Retirement System (NYCERS) is a defined benefit retirement plan for NYC public employees.
- Includes a 457 Plan and a 401(k) Plan.
- Eligible employees can enroll in either the 457, the 401(k), or both.
Department of Citywide Administrative Services
- Civil Service exam listings
- Training opportunities for City employees
Subscribe to the DCAS Newsletter
To subscribe to the DCAS Newsletter and receive electronic information about City Jobs and Civil Service Announcements, go to DCAS.
Get Your New York State Social Work License
Subscribe to the New York State Education Department Office of the Professions listserve to learn about the licensure and practice of licensed master social workers (LMSWs) and licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs). Manage your account or subscribe to OPSWNEWS
New Hire Package