Child Care Time & Attendance
Recording attendance is an important part of your responsibility as a child care provider. Beginning in 2018, there will be changes to how you submit attendance.
Español / 中文
) / kreyòl ayisyen / 한국어 / русский / français / العربية / বাংলা / עִברִית
What Does This Mean for Me Now?
What Happens Next
- Attendance by the Hour: Attendance will no longer be counted as full-time or half-time. To comply with state law and New York State Office of Children & Family Services (OCFS) mandates, you will be required to track attendance according to the hour a child enters your program and to the hour he/she leaves.
- Online System: Instead of paper attendance sheets or using the phone, you will now be able to log on to a website through a computer, smartphone, or tablet device to record attendance. This system is called Child Care Time & Attendance (CCTA).
- No Paperwork: Without paper attendance records to submit, you will be able to submit attendance electronically, eliminating the need for printing and mailing.
- More Accurate and Faster Payment: The online system will reduce errors in recording attendance, which will allow for payments to be processed faster since there will be fewer errors to correct.
What does this mean for me now?
- You will continue submitting paper attendance forms or using the phone to submit attendance until ACS informs you not to.
- You will need to have a device that can connect to the internet. This can be a smartphone, a tablet, like an iPad, a computer, or a laptop.
- ACS will provide training and support.
- Some providers and programs will be contacted to help ACS test the system.
What happens next?
- For most providers and programs, you will begin using the new Child Care Time & Attendance (CCTA) system in 2018.
- For a small group of providers and programs, the new Child Care Time & Attendance (CCTA) system will be implemented in the Fall of 2017 as part of our pilot program.
- We will let you know if you may be a good fit for our pilot program.
- ACS will provide training. Exact dates to follow.
- Make sure ACS has your most up to date contact information. Fill out this survey.
- Check out this website for updates.
- What if I can't submit attendance online?
Providers and programs who do not have internet access or cannot submit attendance online for reasons including disability or religious observance, will continue submitting attendance by paper or by phone.
- When will I be able to submit attendance online?
Most providers will begin using the new online system in the beginning of 2018.
- Will I get training on how to use the new attendance system?
Yes. ACS will provide training in person and online. If you have any problems, you will be able to call and get help.
- I’m interested in testing this new attendance system. How do I do that?
Thank you for your interest. Fill out
this survey and let us know.