Construction Safety Week 2018
2018 Build Safe│Live Safe Conference Schedule
- Breakfast and Registration
- Welcome Remarks Commissioner Rick D. Chandler, P.E.
- Construction Safety: Year in Review and Recent & Upcoming Changes 1.0LU|HSW
- Site Safety Plan Requirements of the NYC Building Code and Local Law 81 of 2017 1.25LU|HSW
Afternoon Session I (Choose 1)
- Structural Stability in the NYC Building Code 1.25LU|HSW
- NYC Gas Work: Safety & Legislation 1.25LU|HSW
- Excavation, Interior Demolition & Scaffold Safety - Code Requirements & Construction Implementation 1.25LU|HSW
Afternoon Session II (Choose 1)
- Classifying NYC's Housing Stock - Clarifying a Difficult Issue 1.25LU|HSW
- Cranes, Hoists and Elevators- Digital Compliance 1.25LU|HSW
- Safety Considerations for Renewable Energy Systems 1.25LU|HSW
- Learning from Damage Assessment Post Hurricane Maria 1.25LU|HSW
The Department’s Build Safe│Live Safe Conference (Thursday, May 10, 2018) is a daylong series of seminars, where Department experts discuss industry trends and highlight safe construction operations.
During Construction Safety Week (May 7-11), Department staff will visit construction sites to promote safety during our annual multi-lingual Experience is Not Enough campaign. "Our highest priority is to promote safe worksites and protect the public, a responsibility we take very seriously," says Buildings Commissioner Rick Chandler. "No building is worth a life, and that’s a belief every person in the development industry should keep in mind whenever they step onto a construction site."
2017 Build Safe│Live Safe Conference Presentations
2016 Build Safe│Live Safe Conference Presentations