DOB NOW: Build, is the online platform for Professional Engineers (P.E.), Registered Architects (R.A.), Licensees, Special Inspectors, Progress Inspectors, Filing Representatives and Owners to submit jobs to the Department of Buildings.
DOB NOW: Build is currently available for the following areas:
At this time, job submissions for these work types may still be submitted in the borough offices or through eFiling.
Registering for a DOB NOW Account
Your eFiling registered email and password should be used to log in to DOB NOW: Build. If you are not yet registered, please check the Registration Tips.
After registering for an account in eFiling, you can use DOB NOW: Build to:
- File jobs and submit fees online
- View and search information related to your jobs and permits
- Schedule and review objections with a plan examiner in a virtual meeting
- Receive emails at milestones throughout the application process
- File Post Approval Amendments (PAA)
- Pull and print After Hour Variances
- Pull and print work permits
- Receive email with Letter of Completion.
Key Changes for DOB NOW: Build plumbing, sprinkler, and standpipe filings:
- For applications filed in DOB NOW: Build, initial and renewal plumbing, sprinkler, and standpipe permits must be pulled online.
- System-generated emails will be sent to applicants, filing representatives, owners and contractors at critical milestones in the filing process.
- Plans and associated required documents can only be submitted electronically with the job application.
- Appointments must be requested online. Meetings will be conducted virtually using GoToMeeting. No in-person appointments will be granted.
- Payments can only be made online.
- After Hour Variance permits are requested and issued against individual permits online.
- Letter of Completion can be emailed and issued online.
Browse DOB NOW: Build filings
Jobs filed in DOB NOW: Build will not appear in BIS. You can access this information through the DOB NOW Public Portal or through the City’s Open Data Portal.
Subscribe to Buildings News for the latest DOB NOW Updates.
Subscribe to Buildings News for the latest DOB NOW Updates. If you still have questions, please read our FAQ, check out our Training Resources, or Contact Us.