If you earned $64,000 or less in 2016, use NYC Free Tax Prep to file for free and keep your whole refund.
||File in person at your local NYC Free Tax Prep site
For most sites, income of $54,000 or less in 2016.
Use map to find your nearest NYC Free Tax Prep site.
- There are more than 200 NYC Free Tax Prep sites in all five boroughs.
- IRS certified VITA/TCE volunteer preparers help you claim deductions and credits like the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and NYC Child Care Tax Credit (NYC CCTC).
- Some sites let you drop off your tax documents and pick up the completed return later.
Note: Map will open in new window.
Download list of NYC Free Tax Prep sites (in PDF)
Income of $64,000 or less in 2016.
- The online service is quick, easy, and secure.
- Step-by-step instructions help you claim deductions and credits like the EITC and NYC CCTC.
- Experts are available by phone to answer questions.
- Text “Taxes” to 42033 (message and data rates may apply) to find the nearest location and receive tax season updates and reminders.