If you earned $64,000 or less in 2016, use NYC Free Tax Prep to file for free and keep your whole refund.
||File in person at your local NYC Free Tax Prep site
For most sites, income of $54,000 or less in 2016.
Use map to find your nearest NYC Free Tax Prep site. Note: Map will open in new window.
- There are more than 200 NYC Free Tax Prep sites in all five boroughs.
- IRS certified VITA/TCE volunteer preparers help you claim deductions and credits like the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and NYC Child Care Tax Credit (NYC CCTC).
- Some sites let you drop off your tax documents and pick up the completed return later.
Income of $64,000 or less in 2016.
Please monitor this page for updates. Links to the online service will be available by January 23, 2017, when the IRS begins accepting income tax returns.
- The online service is quick, easy, and secure.
- Step-by-step instructions help you claim deductions and credits like the EITC and NYC CCTC.
- Experts are available by phone to answer questions.
- Text “Taxes” to 42033 (message and data rates may apply) to find the nearest location and receive tax season updates and reminders.