Are You at Risk for Hepatitis C?
Hep C Risk Assessment
- Were you born between 1945 and 1965?
- Have you ever injected drugs, hormones, steroids, silicon or cosmetics - even if it was once a long time ago?
- Did you have a blood transfusion or organ transplant before 1992?
- Did you receive clotting factor concentrates for a bleeding disease before 1987?
- Are you HIV+?
- Were you born in Egypt, Pakistan, Russia or the former Soviet Republic?
- Did you have a blood transfusion or medical procedure in Egypt, Pakistan, Russia or the former Soviet Republic?
- Have you ever inhaled (snorted) drugs?
- Did your mother have hepatitis C when you were born?
- Have you ever gotten a tattoo or piercing from anyone other than a licensed professional?
- Have you had abnormal liver tests or been told you have liver disease?
- Have you ever been on long-term dialysis?
- Were you ever exposed to blood or stuck with a needle on the job?
- Have you ever been incarcerated?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are at risk and should get tested.
Download the Hep C Risk Assessment
Pill addiction can lead to heroin addiction. If you snort or inject drugs, you can get Hep C.
If you take pills, learn how to protect yourself from Hep C.
More Hepatitis Info