The NYC Health Department's Center for Health Equity partners with faith-based groups in its efforts to address health inequities in the city.
The City builds partnerships with communities of faith through borough-specific interfaith advisory groups. Through these groups, the department:
- Listens to faith-based views on the planning and development of public health policies and programs.
- Works with leaders of faith-based organizations to advocate for and support policies and programs designed to end health inequities.
- Coordinates and implements wellness programs at the community level.
Programs and Initiatives
- Citywide Food, Fitness and Faith Summits
- Faith-Based Physical Activity Challenge (PDF)
- Good Health Borough Campaigns
- Citywide Cut the Salt Campaign
- Healthy Families Brooklyn
- Minority Males Wellness and Screening Initiative
- NYC Walkers for Wellness Program
- Faith-Based Breastfeeding Initiative
- Food Desert Initiative
- Mental Health Training