NYC has over 2600 pharmacies, each of which plays an essential role in planning and responding to a citywide public health emergency. The NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene partners with pharmacies to prepare for emergencies and help pharmacies stay open during and after a citywide public health emergency.
NYC DOHMH Pharmacy Preparedness Tools
- NYC Hurricane Evacuation Zone Finder: Find out if your pharmacy falls within the boundaries of a city evacuation zone. Information is subject to change. For the latest information, visit NYC.gov or call 311 (212-639-9675 for Video Relay Service, or TTY: 212-504-4115).
- Big Apple Rx: NYC’s official money-saving prescription discount card program.
- NYC Pharmacists Society: An affiliate of the Pharmacists Society of the State of New York, unites pharmacists of New York City to inform them on the latest news regarding drugs, updates from the NYS Board of Pharmacy, NYS DOH and the Legislature.
- Pharmacists Society of the State of New York (PSSNY): PSSNY is largest pharmacy association in NYS. The aim of PSSNY unit the pharmacists of the State for mutual assistance, encouragement and improvement in order to maintain the standard of pharmacy practices at a high professional and ethical level.
- Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention (CDC):
- NYS Medicaid Pharmacy Program: Provides FDA approved prescription and non-prescription drugs for Medicaid fee-for-service enrollees.
- Healthcare Ready: Partnership of the private sector bio-pharmaceutical supply chain that helps ensure the continued flow of medicine during severe public health emergencies.