Community Emergency Planning Toolkit
Help your community become more resilient! Learn about how New York City plans for hazards and how your community can create its own emergency plan.
WHAT IS IN THIS TOOLKIT?
• New York City specific guidance for emergency planning
• A plan template and scenarios for communities to develop their own emergency plan
• Examples of other community emergency planning efforts
WHO IS IT FOR?
This toolkit is designed to be a group process. You define your own community—successful planning has been done by housing developments, congregations, neighborhoods, etc.
Examples of groups that could use the toolkit include:
• Tenant or civic associations
• Faith-based groups
• Community Emergency Response Teams (CERTs)
• Community-based organizations (CBOs)
• Community boards/coalitions