The following are additional housing resources in New York City:

Freeze Your Rent
The NYC Rent Freeze Program, which includes the Senior Citizen Rent Increase Exemption (SCRIE) Program, and the Disability Rent Increase Exemption (DRIE) Program, helps those eligible stay in affordable housing by freezing their rent.

NYC Department for the Aging (DFTA)
The Department for the Aging (DFTA) provides a comprehensive on-line listing of senior housing operating within the five boroughs. The information can be viewed by borough or by entering a zip code for the desired area.

NYC Department of Homeless Services (DHS)
If you are in need of immediate emergency shelter, please visit the DHS website, call 311, or visit 311 online.

HASA Housing Services
The Human Resource Administration's HIV & AIDS Service Administration (HASA) provides emergency, transitional, permanent housing assistance and rental assistance services to individuals and families with AIDS.

Homebase Homeless Prevention Program
Homebase is designed to help individuals and families avoid the trauma of homelessness by helping overcome the immediate problems and obstacles that could result in the loss of housing. Currently, Homebase is available to individuals or families in six community districts - Mott Haven/South Bronx (CD1), East Tremont (CD6), Bedford Stuyvesant (CD3), Bushwick (CD4), East Harlem (CD11), and Jamaica (CD12).

NYC Housing Assistance Programs for People with Disabilities
The guide provides information about various housing programs availalbe for people with disabilities. Produced in collaboration with the Mayor's Office for People with Disabilities.

NYC Housing Development Corporation (HDC)
The NYC Housing Development Corporation has several programs, each with different income requirements. You may be eligible for one or more programs, depending on your income and family size. Carefully check the guidelines and income requirements for all programs to determine your eligibility. You may fall within different categories for different programs.

Public Housing
The New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) provides public housing to low- and moderate-income New Yorkers in 334 public housing developments across the city. For more information, please see the NYCHA Fact Sheet and the NYCHA website.

Rental Assistance
Rental Assistance to help pay rent arrears is available from the NYC Human Resources Administration (HRA). Visit 311 Online to contact the HRA Job Center in your area and apply for a rental arrears grant.

Office of Financial Empowerment
Many housing providers will evaluate applicants' credit worthiness in selecting tenants and help to understand your credit report and learn how to build, maintain or improve your credit.

Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program
The Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) and New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) each administer Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers.