LPC is proposing both new rules and amendments to some of its existing rules, found in Title 63 of the Rules of the City of New York. The proposed rule changes are intended to streamline the process for approving every day work on designated properties, and make the regulatory process more efficient and transparent for applicants, neighbors and the public. The Proposed Rules and the Statement of Basis and Purpose can be found here.
LPC presented an overview of the Proposed Rules during the February 13th public meeting. A copy of the presentation can be found here and the presentation video can be found here.
The City Administrative Procedure Act (CAPA), Chapter 45 of the New York City Charter, establishes the procedure for adopting rules. Pursuant to Section 1043(b) of CAPA, the Commission will hold a public hearing on the proposed amendments and rules on March 27, 2018 at 9:30 a.m.at 1 Centre Street, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10007.
Comments on the proposed rules may be submitted by:
• Mail: You can mail written comments to LPC, Municipal Building, One Centre Street, 9th Floor North, New York, NY 10007.
• Email: You can email written comments to LPC at email@example.com.
• Fax: You can fax written comments to LPC at (212) 669-7797.
• Website: You can submit comments to LPC through the NYC Rules website at www.nyc.gov/nycrules.
• In Person at the Public Hearing: Anyone who wants to comment on the proposed rule revisions at the public hearing must sign up to speak. You can sign up before the hearing by calling (212) 669-7817 or you can sign up in the hearing room before the session begins on March 27, 2018. You can speak for up to three minutes.
The deadline for submitting written comments is March 27, 2018.