Small Business Services
The Department of Small Business Services (SBS) oversees the City’s M/WBE certification process. Businesses that choose to certify obtain targeted information about contracting opportunities, in addition to opportunities for:
- Networking events that allow M/WBEs to market their services.
- Assistance with government certifications, vendor enrollment, and procurement rules at the City, State and Federal level.
- Awards to invest in staff development, covering a large amount of eligible training costs, through Customized Trainings.
- Strategic Steps for Growth : A nine-month executive business management education program to help participants develop a strategic plan for growth.
- Inclusion in the City’s Online Directory of Certified Businesses, which promotes M/WBEs to both city buyers and private entities.
- A range of business courses covering business planning, marketing, selling to government, and more.
Learn morea about becoming a New York City certified M/WBE
Learn more about events, trainings, and courses available to certified M/WBEs