Let's get everyone in New York on the same page.
The Mayor's Office of Media and Entertainment, New York Magazine and Vulture have launched One Book, One New York - where New Yorkers get to pick the ONE BOOK they all want to read together.
VOTE for one of these five books all through the month of April and follow the conversation at #OneBookNY. We’ll reveal the winning book on May 3rd.
Join the conversation at #OneBookNY
- Behold the Dreamers: The unforgettable story of a young Cameroonian couple making a new life in New York just as the Great Recession upends the economy.
- Manhattan Beach: A WWII era novel about the intertwined lives Anna, the Brooklyn Navy Yard's only female diver, her father, and a mysterious nightclub owner.
- If Beale Street Could Talk: A story of race and injustice, focusing on a young couple in love and how their lives are forever changed when the man is falsely accused of a crime.
- When I Was Puerto Rican: The triumphant true story of a young girl who comes to NYC from Puerto Rico, and her journey from welfare to Harvard.
- White Tears: A thrilling look at race and appropriation in society told as a ghost story, murder mystery, and love letter to American music.
For a complete list of bookstores & libraries where you can find these books,