The Mayor's Office of Contract Services offers a web-based training with all the critical content offered by the City Council Capacity Building Training: nonprofit legal compliances, board development, internal controls, financial management, and contracting with NYC. If you prefer to take training in person you can see upcoming trainings and events on the Calendar.
The online training is available at all times, but once you register for the training, you have only 30 days to complete it. The training typically takes 3-4 hours to complete, but you do not have to complete the training in one sitting. You may start and stop the training at any time during the thirty-day period.
This online training satisfies the City Council's training requirement for small and mid-sized organizations that receive more than $10k in council awards.
To register for the online training, follow these simple steps:
- Visit http://mocs.matrixlms.com.
- Click on "Register."
- Enter the access code: PWUD-DDRM, and click "Continue."
- Enter your name, organization's EIN, login and contact information, then click "submit" at the bottom of the page.
- Once you have created your account, you are registered for the training, and a welcome message will appear.
- To start exploring the course, click on "Lessons" on the left.
- Click on "Module 0: Introductory Module." This module/lesson will introduce you to the course and how to navigate it within the system. Then you can continue through the course.
- You must complete all discussion topics and pass all four assessments to receive your training certificate. While taking an assessment, do not stop in the middle or open up the training in another window, or you will automatically fail.
- When you have completed the course, complete the "Completion Certificate" section and download the certificate that the system emails to you. Save the certificate to your computer. You must download and save your certificate in order to receive credit for completing the course.
- If you have any questions about navigating the system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you complete the training, you will be able to download a completion certificate. Make sure you save the certificate on your computer, as it may be required by your City contracting agency.