On August 7, 2016, a New York City Rule governing representatives at OATH went into effect.*
- Representatives who represent more than 1 respondent per calendar year must register annually with the OATH Hearings Division.
- Representatives must register in person and present current, valid, photo identification.
- Representatives can get the Representative Registration Form here or in personfrom an OATH Clerk at any OATH Hearing Center location.
- Registered Representatives will also have to submit an authorization form from each respondent that he/she represents.
- Authorization Forms are available in several languages. Representatives and respondents should use the Authorization form that is in the respondent's preferred language.
Authorization for Registered Representative to Appear (Spanish) (Arabic) (Bengali) (Chinese) (French-Creole) (Korean) (Russian)
*Registration is not required if you are an attorney or are only representing family members.
Registered Representatives should familiarize themselves with the Rules of Practice for the OATH Hearings Divisions as well.