The Commuter Benefits Program is for NYC government employees only and is offered by WageWorks, the City’s commuter benefit provider.
Members of the public, including businesses and their employees: Get more information about the Commuter Benefits Law, or call 311. The Commuter Benefits Law requires certain businesses to offer their eligible employees a pre-tax transportation deduction starting on January 1st, 2016.
Please be advised that Amtrak’s emergency repair work at Penn Station will cause some disruptions to Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) service, so in response the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) has developed a multi-pronged mitigation plan that includes:
• Special discounts for riders going to key destinations
• Special 2017 summer schedule: in effect from Monday, July 10 through Friday, September 1
• Adding new rush hour trains: to maximize capacity during peak hours
• Lenghtening trains: to increase capacity
• Bus service: A new bus service will be free to LIRR monthly and weekly ticketholders.
• Ferry service: traveling to/from Manhattan, free to LIRR monthly and weekly ticketholders
• Free morning transfers to key subway lines: LIRR ticketholders can transfer for free at Hunters Point Ave, Jamaica and Atlantic Terminal during the morning rush hour
• Traffic and Park & Ride info at 511NY.org: Throughout the construction period, New York State DOT will provide up-to-the-minute traffic information and real-time updates on Park & Ride locations and parking availability
View additional information on each plan point. Please be advised that details are subject to change, so we suggest you periodically check the site for the most up to date and accurate information.
Mail&Ride customers can purchase a new discounted ticket at stations and return their unused ticket (sealed or unsealed) by inserting it into one of the LIRR’s Mail&Ride drop-box locations at Penn Station, Atlantic Terminal or Jamaica Station for a full credit to their account. Mail&Ride customers also have the option to mail it back, postmarked no later than Monday, July 31, 2017 to the LIRR’s Mail&Ride office at:
Long Island Rail Road Returns
PO Box 350383
Jamaica, NY 11435-0383
For LIRR Mail&Ride users who are WageWorks Transit Pass holders, please note the following:
1. Mail&Ride has made an exception for July only to accept **unsealed** monthly passes for full credit.
2. If you are returning a combination LIRR pass and MetroCard for credit, you would need to purchase both the discounted pass and the MetroCard.
3. Once your credit is applied to your Mail&Ride account, you may want to suspend your payroll deductions with the City for the September benefit month **(August 4, 2017 order deadline on the WageWorks site)** You should contact Mail&Ride prior to the August 4th order deadline to see if your credit has been applied to your account.
4. Please log into your account on WageWorks and make the necessary changes to your Transit Pass Orders.
For WageWorks Commuter Card users, please note the following:
1. If you are returning a monthly pass that you purchased with the Commuter Card for a discounted pass, your Commuter Card will be credited. The credit may not appear for 24-48 hours.
2. Passes purchased with the Commuter Card at a kiosk or ticket agent window that are returned, will receive a pro-rated credit and will be charged a $10 processing fee.