The Mayor's Office of Sustainability executes responsibilities mandated by Section 20 of NYC Charter.
Core Functions of the Office
- Provide daily support to City Hall on sustainability issues, policy, and research
- Overall Citywide sustainability policy development, oversight and implementation in coordination with relevant city agencies
- Research, analytics, primary and secondary data collection
- Working with City agencies, coordinate relevant policy with federal, state, and local environmental stakeholders
- Behavior Change, Marketing, and Community Engagement
- Media and public speaking