Join the donateNYC Partnership
donateNYC Partners have access to a variety of City-funded programs and services, including promotional support, education, networking, and collaboration opportunities.
donateNYC Partner Benefits
Benefits of joining donateNYC as a Partner include:
- Use of the "Proud Partner of donateNYC" logo on storefronts, organizational websites, and approved marketing materials
- Organization profile on the donateNYC website and in the donateNYC annual report
- Free listings of events and job and volunteer opportunities on the donateNYC website.
- Free admission and tabling at the annual donateNYC conference
- Free ongoing professional development training and networking opportunities
- Free assistance with data tracking and yearly environmental impact statistics for promoting reuse activities
- Free donation referrals through donateNYC and the donateNYC Exchange
donateNYC Partner Eligibility
The donateNYC Partnership is open to nonprofit organizations that accept and redistribute donated goods through their operations in New York City.
To be eligible for donateNYC Partner status and to maintain active Partner status, your organization must:
- Be recognized by the IRS as a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization, and comply with a request to review documentation (IRS 990) for confirmation if requested by donateNYC
- Redistribute used or surplus materials from NYC residences, businesses, or government agencies, locally and directly to individuals or other nonprofits; or actively facilitate this redistribution of goods (for instance, though virtual exchanges)
- Provide verifiable data about local collection and redistribution of used goods, including material-specific details about this local reuse (if a regular report cannot be provided, then the continued collaboration with donateNYC staff to produce or improve the quality of organizational data will meet this requirement)
- Have dedicated staff or volunteers assigned to a donations program year-round
- Complete an organizational assessment survey, covering information such as the size of the organization, materials accepted, and services offered
- Send a lead representative to at least three donateNYC events annually
- Receive an affirmation vote by a majority of active members of donateNYC's Directors Roundtable
For more information and to become a partner, contact us