Important Collection Information:
- Mattresses and Box Springs: Seal these items in a plastic bag before placing them curbside to prevent the spread of bed bugs. Fine Avoided: $100
- One- and Two-family Homes: We will collect up to 6 over-sized objects from do-it-yourself, home improvement projects. Debris generated by contractors must be removed by a private carter or dumpster service.
- Carpet, Rugs and Lumber: Securely tie these together in bundles no larger than 2 x 4 feet.
- Before disposing of these items, check to see if you can donate or recycle them first. Find convenient drop-off locations at nyc.gov/donatenyc or more information at nyc.gov/recycle
- An appointment may be made for up to 10 items per pickup request.