Getting Started on ZWS
The Zero Waste Schools (ZWS) website is an exciting new social media platform where NYC students and teachers can celebrate what they are doing to protect our environment – and win prizes too!
Teachers must first create an account before their students can begin posting. Teachers can get their school’s unique validation code, which they will need to create their school’s account, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
(include your school name/number and address). Teachers can begin posting as soon as they sign up.
Get started on the contests today! Read the contest pages for more information, and look at the previous winners for great ideas.
IMPORTANT DEADLINES for 2019/2020:
• Fall Green Team Mini-Grant Deadline: 5pm on Friday, November 8, 2019
• Spring Green Team Mini-Grant Deadline: 5pm on Friday, February 14, 2020
• Contest Submission Deadline: May 1, 2020
• Announcement of Contest Winners: May 2020
• ZWS Awards Event date: June 2020