Join Prospect Park Alliance at the Lefferts Historic House to learn how sheep's fleece is transformed into wool!
- Wool Carding and Drop Spindle, 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.: Learn how to card wool using special tools and how to spin with a drop spindle.
- Spinning Demonstrations, 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.: Come and meet our resident Spinner, Catherine Conrad and see how she spins wool fibers into thread.
- Parade from the Zoo, 1:30 p.m.: Join Lefferts staff on a parade from the Zoo
- Wool Washing, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.: After the fleece is shorn from the sheep, the next step is washing it! Help staff clean the fleece and get it ready for felt balls and spinning!
- Pom Pom Making, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.: After the wool is washed and carded, you can try your hand at making a felt ball. Use the wood fibers to shape a ball and see if you can make it bounce.